Friday, November 7, 2008

History

All I can say about the election on Tuesday is Wow. Regardless of your political affiliation it was history making and incredible to see the enormous crowds in Chicago and all the spontaneous celebrations around the country and the world. It was really interesting to see and cool that we are a part of history. I didn't even grow up in the 60s, but I never thought I'd see a black president. And to see all the African Americans (and other Americans and people around the world) who were so emotional and touched by Obama's election was really cool to witness. I teared up a little too. It really was incredible.

I don't know about you guys but I plan on going to the inauguration, sorry work! :-) This is one of those times when living in DC (and by living in DC I mean I really live far away in the suburbs but it's close enough that I can pretend like I'm still cool and have a life) has it's bonuses!!

Ha, look at what I just found on Google Images:



No comments: