Friday, October 19, 2007

Worst.Blogger.Ever

Sorry everyone I've been a major slacker at the blogging. I've been grappling with how much detail I'm giving away regarding the wedding because I want some things to be a surprise! :-)

But I can tell you that I did book the baker in West Virginia. Her name is Margie with Artistic Cake Creations (she is in the middle of creating a new and separate website for her wedding cake business). She's super nice, a "retired" art teacher (she stays at home with her kids now) and does tasty cakes for a good price. She allows you have a different cake and filling flavor for every layer, which is OBVIOUSLY what we're going to do! Now comes the hard part of figuring out what to pick!

I've ordered my wedding dress and the bridesmaids dresses will be ordered in the next month. We all have our shoes (or should have them--ahem--whoever hasn't ordered yet better get on it!)

We have booked a florist--Holly Heider Chapple in Leesburg. She basically matched Sharone's price at Davinci Flowers and is local to the area and has worked at River Creek numerous times. I'm very excited to work with her!

We also booked a day of coordinator! My constant need for control and tendencies for paranoid freak outs necessitate this. :-) I keep thinking something is going to go wrong (which I'm sure it will, but at least she can alleviate some of those concerns). Lynn at The Finer Points will be our coordinator ensuring everything goes smoothely not only the day of the wedding, but in the several months leading up to it.

Though it's not official yet, we will be signing a contract shortly for our ceremony and cocktail hour music as well! I'm a major dork--I cry every time I hear wedding-related music on their sample CDs.

I think that's it for vendors for now! I promise I'll post more!

No comments: