Thursday, April 10, 2008

I do

That was Belinga's response this morning when the Clerk of Loudoun County Court asked us to confirm our identities and affirm we were entering into marriage without being currently married or being related to each other (so far as we knew).

Both me and the lady laughed when he responded "I do" instead of "Yes," which is how I responded. Well, hey, at least he's practicing!

So we have our marriage license finally! Let me tell you, if you have the choice, get your marriage license in Loudoun County!! There wasn't a soul there at 9 am at the courthouse, you can fill out the application online, so you just go in, pay $30 in cash, take an oath and you're out. It was about 5-7 minutes total. (I'm not sure if you have to be getting married in Loudoun County or just the state of Virginia...I there is conflicting info out there. She asked us if we were getting married in Virginia in the next 60 days, not if we were getting married in Loudoun County in the next 60 days.)

I can't believe it's next week!

No comments: