Thursday, May 10, 2007

Dress Shopping!

Sorry I've been on a bit of a hiatus lately, I feel like I've had nothing interesting to say! However, I know there are a few of you out there who actually read this, so I'm going to try to be better!

This weekend I am doing a couple of wedding related things:
  1. I've somehow convinced Belinga that it will be fun to go to the Bloomingdale's Registry event on Saturday to learn how to register. I'm not sure how I managed that but he actually said yes without me having to beg! I know it might seem like common knowledge as to what one registers for, but I don't think it really is. There are things I don't think I need, like a KitchenAid mixer or a food processor, but I know they will come in handy if and when I ever decide to cook. So we're going to see if we learn anything, which is at 2 to 1 odds right now. However, they serve free food and libations, so who are we to pass this up? Plus we've made a pact...if it gets boring at any point, we're bouncing and going shopping!
  2. The moment many of you have been waiting for! I am going to try on some dresses this weekend! I was going to wait until I lost some more weight, but I figure I might as well bite the bullet and just go. Plus Macy's is having a Demetrios trunk show with their new Fall 2007 line that isn't in stores yet, so I figured I'd give it a go.

Hopefully the dress I end up with will look nothing like the above picture. And BTW, it's pretty much not cool to have your baby as an accessory at your own wedding. I know I'm not much of a traditionalist, but I'm pretty sure the old saying went "First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes the baby in the baby carriage."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have one or two ideas as to how you convinced him..... MAL