Monday, May 14, 2007

Dresses Galore!

This weekend was slightly less productive than I thought because Belinga and I decided not to go to the Bloomingdale's registry event. A) We didn't feel like it and B) We don't think we're going to register there anyway, so we didn't want to waste time (when we could be sleeping...) Not a shocker to those who know us...

Anyway, I DID go dress shopping though at the Macy's Bridal Salon at Tysons II. Their salon carries only Demetrios dresses and they were having a trunk show of their Fall 2007 line that hasn't hit stores yet. Laura and Christine came with me and thank God because those things are heavy and not easy to put on.

We had it down to an art--Laura would go in through the top so I could figure out where to put my arms and Christine would go underneath to make sure the lining was all in place. The two of them saw way too much of me--hee hee! Thanks girls for all your help!

I tried on a bunch of different dresses and tried keeping an open mind about everything. But what I initially imagined I wanted is pretty much still what I want. I don't want to give too much away, but there is definitely a frontrunner right now. I'm going to keep looking to see what else is out there, but I keep comparing the other dresses I try on to the first one.

Laura also told me about a great place in North Carolina called Bridal Mart where you can get almost any dress for a fraction of the cost. All you need is the designer and the style number and they can get it for you. I called them this morning and the Demetrios dress I tried on I can get for $400 cheaper from Bridal Mart!!!

Everyone should order their dress from Bridal Mart!

Might do some more dress shopping this weekend--it's actually kinda fun! I thought it would stress me out a lot but it's fun, especially if some people go with you.

No comments: