Saturday, March 17, 2007

10 years, 9 months, 2 days!


It only took this long for my beloved to propose to me, but it was worth the wait!

We were in Baltimore for a work function of mine and decided to stay over because we were attending the Robin Thicke concert that night in Towson.

Well, the weather didn't want to cooperate with Belinga's (aka Steve) waterfront proposal as it decided to snow that night, providing terrible weather conditions! This didn't stop Belinga though--he took it in stride and we decided to go to the hotel bar for a few drinks after the concert.

We stopped in our hotel room that had a view of the Baltimore Harbor and he summoned me to the window. I pointed out a pretty building in the distance and he suggested another one. I couldn't see what he was pointing at because he was behind me, so I said "What building are you talking about?" He again said "That one over there." This time though, his arm was outstretched with the ring box open.

I, being ever so eloquent, was a bit in shock and staring at the sparkly bauble said "WHAT IS THAT?!" He turned me around, got down on one knee and looked at me inquisitively. I stood there patiently waiting. And...nothing. So I said "Do you have something to ask me?!" The poor guy chuckled and asked me to marry him.

Obviously I said yes! Now the fun begins...

No comments: