Sunday, March 25, 2007

Location, Location, Location

On Saturday, I dragged my new fiance (it's so weird introducing him to people as that!) to a couple of places I had scouted on the internet to have our wedding.

We went to Raspberry Plain in Leesburg and Whitehall Manor in Bluemont, about 20 minutes past Leesburg on Route 7.

While both people we met with were really nice, Belinga and I really didn't like Raspberry Plain. I thought we were going to have a problem when we drove up on the gravel road that had 9 trillion potholes in it. The outside of the old mansion was beautiful, but the inside was old feeling. And there were too many knick-knacks everywhere. You know when you have crocheted table covers, there's a problem. And at over $7,000 for just the site fee alone, it's ridiculous.

Whitehall, on the other hand, we both really liked. It's in the middle of Loudoun County Horse Country, very quiet and peaceful and pretty views of the rolling hillsides. Though Belinga would prefer if it was "grander," whatever that means. I told him when he started doing research into venues and giving me other ideas, he can offer his opinions on the grandeur of the sites we see!

No date set yet--we're still looking!

No comments: