Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Ceresville Mansion

I took off this morning from work to go to the Ceresville Mansion in Frederick, MD because from the website it looked awesome.

I liked it but it had a few drawbacks. One, it was sitting right on the road, not set back. And it was at the intersection of two big roads. Mind you, they weren't freeways or anything, but there was enough traffic for me to be a bit concerned that noise might be a factor in the outdoor ceremony.

Second, the ballroom will be cramped with 150. We haven't put our final guest list together obviously, but we're going to have to make cuts to even get it to 150. And the bar would be in another room, not the ballroom, which I thought was kind of weird.

Plus, I'm not sure Belinga will like it. And I didn't immediately say "This is it!" when I went.

So I will keep looking. I liked it, don't get me wrong, but after only seeing two places (not counting Raspberry Plain) I'm not convinced that I want to have it there yet.

Am I just being too picky?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've only seen a couple of places, so I wouldn't worry about being too picky right now. If you had already seen a ton of places and liked none of them, then we could call it too picky.

LKBeglis said...

Not at all! You'll know the place when you see it! This may not be "the one!"