Thursday, April 5, 2007

People are Crazy

So I was perusing The Knot, stalking my friend Kristen who is getting married in December, wondering when she will EVER post her wedding web page, when I realized there are message boards for brides-to-be and I figured "Why not? Let me go take a look."

I clicked on the April 2008 brides because I'm pretty sure this is when we'll get married and found a host of girls talking about budgets, color schemes, etc. I then stumbled upon a post of how far people have gotten in their wedding planning and I thought I'd compare myself thinking "Ha, I think I have my reception and ceremony site, I'm on top of the ball here!"

Alas, boy was I wrong! These girls are certifiably NUTS! They literally have planned almost everything--with over 1 year to go! They have bridesmaids dresses picked out, flowers, DJs, photographers, favors, EVERYTHING!!!! They've even already sent out save the dates (or STDs as many of us brides-to-be like to them!)

I thought for a second I was crazy for not having done this and then I quickly realized--nope, it's them, they're just INSANE!

So--here's my question--how many of you are those girls who keep binders of what they want and you've known since you were 3 how everything in your wedding would look like? It's ok if you are--I just want to know how many people are like me and are just doing this as we go along and how many have had this whole thing orchestrated for years.

2 comments:

CAbeachlover said...

Yes, some brides-to-be have been planning their wedding before they even met the right guy.

I have to mention that when I was picking up my dress last August 06, there was a bride that was picking her wedding gown up and she was getting married at the end of 07. Ok, that's over a year until she gets married. Insane!!!!!!!

Love your blog!

Anonymous said...

STD's? Um, I think that acronym is already taken.... :-) -MAL