Monday, August 20, 2007

Check, Check and Check!

I've been noticeably MIA the last two weeks because I have been doing nothing but meeting with people after work, before work and during work (shhh, don't tell my boss)!

I've gotten lots done! From my last post I told you I really liked the hair and makeup people I met with, so I booked them. I've also found a DJ I like, so I booked her!

And thanks to our friends Jacqueline and Todd, we now have an officiant to marry us! Ken Knapp married Jacqueline's sister a couple of years ago and will be marrying them as well, about 8 weeks after our wedding. They graciously told us about Ken so we decided to meet with him as well. We really liked him, he's a cute older guy who is an ex-Catholic priest. He left the priesthood to get married and have kids and is now divorced and dating an ex-nun. We thought he had a very interesting background! He was just the right amount of spiritual without focusing on one specific religion, but definitely incorporates the spiritual/religious aspects we wanted in our ceremony. We are looking forward to him marrying us and also in sharing him with Jacqueline and Todd! How cool--we can say forever now that the same guy married the four of us!

Now Todd and Belinga can bond over this and their love of Michigan football. Go Blue!

1 comment:

Mrs. Broad said...

alas i coulda loaned you a rabbi...