Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Flowers!

I met with a really nice flower guy today (Sharone at Davinci Florist) who was recommended by several Knotties (members of the DC Area Knot Board for those of you not in the know...)

It's located in hur-tang Silver Spring and the shop looks majorly ghetto and run down from the outside. But once inside there's a room off to the right that is decorated with some sample tables, there was a tall centerpiece I think he had mocked up for another bride and it wasn't so bad! On the left there was a cooler full of all the centerpieces they were making for this weekends weddings and some were so pretty!

Sharone had the daunting task of paring down the plethora of purple flowers I had printed out (he said he never had a bride bring in so many pictures!) and trying to create a vision of what I had in my head. And let me tell you, he's really good at it. He was able to suggest some stuff while at the same time allowing me to make decisions. I started off with every flower under the sun and he helped me figure out that I needed some texture to the flowers but not too much, some contrasting colors, etc.

In the end, he gave me a really good estimate and we had included all the flowers I wanted (though I still wanted to throw some more--such as peonies, ranunculus--in for good measure but he said it was too much).

I'm going to check out a few more vendors, some which are more local and familiar with River Creek and then make a decision. But I have a feeling many of them are going to have a hard time beating my man Sharone!

Basically we talked about lavender roses, orchids, purple hydrangeas, purple calla lillies, tulips, lisianthus, blue delphinium, with some green berries mixed in for good measure. Clearly I have an obsession with purple at the moment!!

1 comment:

Mrs. Broad said...

umm. i FPH purple just by looking at the flower pics!! love it! :)