Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Alert! You Have Been Attacked by the Fro Virus!

For those of you who knew me way back when, you will recall I had slight hair issues, such as frizzy hair I didn't know how to tame. Hence the unfortunate 8th grade picture where my hair actually expanded outside the frame of the photo (I will spare you all the actual picture!)

I have come a long way since then, learning to blow dry my hair straight...and also how to master putting it back in a clip 99% of the time so I don't have to deal with it. (I'm trying to be better about that, I swear!)

Anyway, I have a hair and makeup trial next week with the person I'm hoping will do my hair and makeup for my wedding! They come highly recommended by The Knot (which I stalk every day for great local vendor advice) and many girls who have used them. And surprisingly, unlike everything else in this area, they're not a fortune! In fact, their hair trial is FREE (GASP!) and makeup trial is only $25.

Only downfall is they're located in Columbia which is where the trials take place and only Monday-Friday. But they do have late appointments until 8 pm, so that's helpful. They will also travel to us in Leesburg and do the hair and makeup of the BMs and potentially female family members, which is invaluable!

Some have said "Isn't it a bit early that you're doing hair and makeup trials?" but my logic is twofold: A) Honestly, it's so much nicer to get this stuff out of the way and handled so I have nothing to deal with close to the wedding day. And B) A lot of the good people get booked up very quickly. They won't hold your date without a contract and a deposit and I'm certainly not giving anyone my signature or money without seeing with their services actually are. So therefore, I am taking care of this sooner rather than later.

Enough babbling! Here are some hair ideas I've been thinking about!

1 comment:

LKBeglis said...

I think my 7th grade picture is worse than your 8th grade picture!