Wednesday, September 3, 2008

90210 2.0

A bunch of girls and I got together last night to watch the newest version of our beloved Beverly Hills, 90210. They've now shortened it to just 90210 (duh) and it's a jazzier more up-to-date version of our fave that was on the air from 1990-2000.

The Peach Pit looks like Starbucks with Nat as a barista, the kids are way richer and flashier and there were several tie ins to the old 90210 which I loved (Hannah Zuckerman-Vazquez, Erin Silver). Loved that Kelly had a kid, who we all think Brandon is the father of (sadly not Dylan like I was hoping it would be). The new parents are definitely no Jim and Cindy Walsh and the mom is bit too understanding of her hubby having a kid with Naomi's whorebeast mom (I don't care if he didn't know it was alive, he knew he got her pregnant!) It is weird though how similar the new Brenda and Lori Laughlin look, isn't it?!

Anyway, I'm hooked for the time being. I hope it doesn't suck. I know next week won't when we get to see Jackie Taylor-Silver again!!!!

PS: I totally called the jazzier version of the theme song and am glad they kept the original "Duh nuh nuh nuh, Duh nuh nuh, Ch Ch" (my poor attempt at phoneticizing the old theme song)!

PPS: Why did none of my principals look like Rob Estes?

PPPS: I am glad there is an Iranian on the show, supposedly, but #1 I don't think they even mentioned he was Iranian, #2 it's Beverly Hills, there ought to be like 8,000 Iranians on the new cast, lbh, and #3 why do I not see him eating kabobs and rice like I did all my childhood?!?!

1 comment:

LKBeglis said...

"There should be 8,000 Iranians on the new cast." LOL!